The following board packages are offered for retired horses. For our retired equines we offer both pasture board and stall board.
Careful consideration was taken when we developed our boarding packages, and we tried to keep in mind the different needs that owners would want for their retired horses vs. what they would want at a traditional boarding/training facility. Our goal is to have a reasonable price that allows us to provide high touch, comprehensive care without frequent, large price increases. Whether you choose pasture or stall board your horse will receive regular daily care and TLC. Our board programs provide much more than turning your horse out on the "back forty!"
To learn more about the costs associated with running a horse retirement farm click
To inquire about our board rates please
Stall Board:All of the below packages are based on pasture boarding. We also offer stall board with any of the below packages for an additional monthly fee.
- Pictures taken upon arrival and e-mailed to owner
- Regular updates including pictures and video
- Pasture board in beautiful pastures with compatible groups; approx. 2 acres allowed per horse
- Free choice grass and/or hay
- Customized grain feeding program including feeding 2x/day; we soak feed for those horses that have dental challenges
- Water troughs cleaned weekly
- Blanketing/flymasks (blankets provided by owner)
- Blanket cleaning/repairs arranged by Paradigm Farms
- Fly spray and fly masks as needed and provided by Paradigm Farms
- Light daily medicating and feeding of supplements (medications and supplements provided by owner)
- De-worming six times per year
- Hooves trimmed approximately eight times/year (paid for by Paradigm Farms Equine Lifecare)
- Annual vaccinations -costs paid for by Paradigm Farms Equine Lifecare; horses must be boarded for a minimum of six months to receive vaccinations as part of the board fee (rabies, tetanus, WNV, rhino/flu, east/west encephalitis)
- No holding fees for vet/farrier visits
Includes all of the features of the Standard Package PLUS:
- Grooming and/or bathing 2x/month
- Blanket cleaning and minor repairs as needed arranged AND paid for by Paradigm Farms Equine Lifecare; blankets provided by owner
- Annual treatment by Equine Dentist (float + sedation) paid for by Paradigm Farms Equine Lifecare
- Sheath cleaning
Stall Board: All of the above packages are based on pasture boarding. We also offer stall board with any of the above packages for an additional monthly fee.
Individual Services: Contact us for costs
- We offer grooming up to 4-5x/week for a monthly charge
- Medicated bathing
- Light riding may be arranged at no charge; Melissa is an amatuer and cannot accept compensation for riding. Availability will depend on her schedule
- Treatment of injuries (minor cuts or scrapes treated at no extra charge)
- Mane pulling
- Sheath cleaning
- Arrangements for chiropractic care, massage and acupuncture
- Need something else not listed? Just ask us!